Sunday, May 3, 2009

Thursday was Shattuck

Before I was completely thrilled to hear the news about my talented great niece on Friday, I worked in Shattuck on Thursday.



It's roughly 80 miles from home, so I get some windshield time. For lunch I went to the Shattuck Windmill Museum.

The Mr. shuddered when I told him. He hates windmills. You see back in the early days of our business he had to climb many a rickety old windmill tower to make repairs that were nearly impossible. You just can't make a bent up old windmill run like a brand new shiny one without spending more hours on it that a farmer wants to pay you for. The windmill museum is a horse of a different color though. Those machines have been lovingly restored and are a sight to behold.



I signed the guest book and saw that someone from Bolivia had been there the day before. The lady minding the mills that day was very friendly and we had a nice visit. She invited me back another day. When the weather warms up and I'm in Shattuck I may just have lunch on one of those benches and watch the mills turn.





No comments: