Friday, April 10, 2009

Blackberry Crackberry

The company I work for gave us Blackberrys Crackberrys (Blackberries? or Crackberries?)to carry for five weeks and I can't seem to accomplish a thing. I have pictures for the previous post but can't seem to get them edited. I can't read my book. I can't watch a movie, or even a 30 minute sitcom. That darn Blackberry Crackberry is never far from my reach. I can't seem to do without it now. I think that is what the company was hoping for. Hoping that we would all become hopelessly addicted and pay for the extra data/text package and the higher "Cell-u-care". Well now they're offering a reduced price employee data/text package and gosh...I'll probably have to have a Blackberry Crackberry.

I'm in Sentinel again today. Another gal from another office worked here yesterday and they had repeated power outages and lots of customers coming in. I've just had a steady stream of payments and no power outages at all. I think she's jealous. It's a long drive home but I get to close at 4 PM.

As far as I know the fires that spread far and wide last night are under control. Hopefully we will have some rain this weekend. All those small town volunteer fire departments are going to need our help to rebuild their resources. Lately, I've been giving the local fire dept. monetary gifts in memoriam instead of sending flowers when someone we know passes away. The volunteer fire fighters do get grants for equipment, but I don't know how they can continue to operate in the years that have such active fire seasons. If you're a smoker, please keep your (cigarette) butts in the car.

I've been waffling lately over the cabin at the lake that my Grandfather built. We had thought about buying it and now it's been offered as a gift. That really touched me. How completely generous. It does need a roof... We'll see.





No comments: