Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's Official, I'm Falling Apart

Or How I got a new pair of socks from Blue Cross/Blue Shield

Two trips to Oklahoma City in one week to two different doctors = I am officially old and falling apart. I'm not ill. Just routine check up stuff.

The first trip was to the podiatrist. How exciting...I thought the whole thing she did two weeks ago was mumbo jumbo. She wiggled my foot around and twisted it and pulled on my big toe. How can that fix it? But you know, it did fix it until a few days before the follow up appointment. She had suggested I bring someone along next time to learn how to fix it if I continue having the same problem. So I my daughter graciously offered to switch her day off with a co-worker and came along. She learned to repair my infirmity and we had a nice day together.

The end.

I wish.

I had a procedure Saturday afternoon. It had nothing to do with my foot and hopefully we won't repeat it for another 10 years. But I did get a new pair of socks out of the deal. When I checked in they gave me Bair Paws to wear complete with matching socks. I wore them home because the Twilight Sleep had not worn off yet. The socks, not the gown. I slept a lot that evening.





All in all I felt pretty good on Sunday and accomplished quite a bit. Had to, I lost my Saturday. Everything is pretty much back to normal except that I feel awfully old all of a sudden.






No comments: