Sunday, May 24, 2009

My new address



Recently the county put a sign on my corner. I've lived down this particular stretch of road for many years and we've never had any signage. Well except that old sign down on the corner of the blacktop road that used to point which way and how far to go with various family names on it. As you can see, our sign has not been in use for quite some time.



I'm not sure what purpose the clothes hanger serves...



If I ever have to call 911, the sheriff will be able to find my dead body after the 45 minute drive to my house from the county seat. Ah, country life.

It was handy the other day to have a physical address when I got a card from FedEx asking for directions to my house. I used to tell delivery people to go to the blacktop road at the top of the hill. Turn north for 3.5 miles. Go through the swamp. Follow the bend in the road to avoid the pond. Go up the hill and around the curve. Turn west for .75 miles. North into. I'm joking but I think that's what FedEx hears when I give them directions. They call and I have to meet them in town for deliveries. It's not that way with UPS. They have always been able to find me. My UPS fella delivers in other towns too. Whenever he sees the company car at one of the offices I work in and has a package for me, he stops to deliver it. This also saves him a trip down my road since we are the only people that live on that 3 mile length of EW 710. Ha! See how I just threw that out there? I'm a natural at having a physical address. Anyway, FedEx seemed to know exactly where I am. Isn't that great? A vast improvement over having package left at the gas station or the bar when I'm not at home.

To be continued...








No comments: